My ideal professor...
- ...is knowledge and passionate about their subject, and treats it as their life's work.
- ...is approachable and congenial, and genuinely cares about their students' achievement.
- ...projects a relaxed atmosphere conducive to critical thinking and friendly open discussion.
- ...sees people for what they can be, not what they are.
Space out your study times - six one hour sessions will allow you to retain more than one six hour session.
Ø How do you study for quizzes/tests?
I study by taking really good notes on my laptop, and taking notes on the chapters. Then I quiz myself on my notes, or have Kasey quiz me on them.
Ø What do you have trouble with on quizzes/tests?
I go too fast and I second-guess myself a lot.
*Please go to the website listed below, which is a "Letter to McDonald's" from a former employee. Read it and write at least a paragraph reaction on your Blog site.
http://www.aboutmyjob.com/main.php3?action=displayarticle&artid=3141
Um, well, I've bitched about my job too. Cathartic, yes. Poignant? Not really. I've worked McDonalds too, I know how BS the management is. But what I've found is that it's like that EVERYWHERE YOU GO. Employment is like a tree full of monkeys: the monkeys on top see a bunch of smiling faces, the monkeys on bottom see a bunch of assholes. There were a couple times I was like "yup, that's so true!" but for the most part, at the lowest levels of society, management is horrible everywhere you go, work sucks no matter where you go, and I'm in college so that I can enter an industry where the people who work there sought to work there for the common good (or at least for the money) - the medical field - and not just because they need a job to pay for rent and booze.
I did, however, like the quip about how when the hat comes off the common sense goes with it. :D

2 comments:
Wow, if only all Profs/Teachers/Instructors were like your ideal... what a great world this would be! ;)
I think it's a travesty that most Professors literally have never had a teaching methodology course. WTF.
I worked at McD's in college and it was the worst job ever, mostly because of the way Mgmt treated us. I got in trouble because my stupid uniform pants were floods and I tried to take the hem out to make them long enough and I got written up for that, twice. Then the Mgr. stood there next to us glaring and would not let us punch in 1 min. before or after our scheduled time. How pathetic. I remember folding Big Mac boxes for 5 hrs once. A monkey could do it and that is exactly what they are banking on-someone who won't resist and who will obey.
I also worked at Arby's in HS and I remember the loser Mgr. laughing at us because, as she said aloud, "we can pay you less than min. wage and there's nothing you can do about it!" Ooooh, power trip from a fast food lifer!
Post a Comment